
First, they beaded necklaces, after chatting about the latest gossip.
Then they decorated their own fancy pocketbooks. I saw the idea on Martha Stewart; you can find the template & instructions here. A week and a half later, I'm still sweeping up leftover feathers from the handles two of the girls fashioned out of bright pink boas. But they seemed to really enjoy it; also, I added iron-on monograms to the clasp of each bag for an extra touch.
Then the fancy little girls ate heart-shaped ham & cheese sandwiches (used a cookie cutter) and drank fizzy lemonade. Kate (the one in the middle) really enjoyed the lemonade...she must have had four or five cups full.
After these activities, the girls played musical chairs, danced around like crazy women, decorated cupcakes (everyone got a candle), sang Happy Birthday, Autumn opened her presents, we did Play-doh (one of the gifts), and then they danced some more until their moms showed up.
Afterwards, i was exhausted!! Pathetic, i know. And at nighttime, i wondered aloud how i will ever pull off a wedding for the girl. Clint said to stop worrying about that already, but i think i might start making the centerpieces now...just to save myself a little stress in 20 years. Any suggestions?? :)
Friday, May 11, 2007
The Princess Turns Three
Posted by alison at 8:43 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
No worries. I've got her wedding covered. Since mine has been done I've had an "Autumn's wedding" sized hole in my life. My older niece's proms haven't filled the bill yet so... JK.
The party looked adorable!
What a perfect birthday party for Autumn!
I think Clint's right -- just don't think about it. Denial is a great place to live (besides, dusty centerpieces with 20-year old flowers sound pretty disgusting)
Nice table cloth/quilt. Someone wonderful must have made it for you/Autumn. :)
Post a Comment