So I haven't been blogging in a little while. It's not that I haven't had stuff to write about; I've just haven't found the time to sit down and get it all out. Between doctors visits, Clint's new job, the new school year, and the impending baby birth, I'm one slightly worn-out mama.
Anyhow, the first major event is that Clint is a high school math teacher. He's been working on a teaching certificate and a friend from church told me that some districts in Utah are hiring teachers without certificates. So he registered on a teaching job website and , a couple days later, he had a phone call asking him to interview....only catch is that the school is nearly two hours away. Anyway, they offered him the job the next day. We felt it was too good to pass up, and he started the job the following day. Thankfully, he's commuting with another guy who lives nearby. That helps a lot...with gas, companionship, not falling asleep, etc. For now, we're planning to stay put. We really love where we live and hope this will lead to a job opportunity closer to home in the coming school year(s). And I'm so proud of my husband...this has been a goal of his for years now and it's fun to see it finally happen for him!!
We miss having him around...we've been really spoiled the last couple of years. And I am apparently incompetent without my hubby around, because Autumn broke her arm on the 3rd day he was gone. She was walking downstairs, tripped on one of the steps, and tumbled down five or six steps. Her elbow is fractured. All the doctors and nurses have been so sweet with her. They let her choose this awesome cast, to which they applied gold sparkles:
She has adapted SOO well to losing use of her right arm. I'm frankly amazed. We are praying hard for her this weekend; the doctor is going to x-ray her arm on Monday. If the bone has moved (which is a real possibility with this particular fracture), she'll have to have surgery so they can insert some pins in the elbow. Ouch!! But hopefully, she'll be OK.
In other news, I've been worrying myself sleepless that this baby will come while Clint is at work. He wouldn't have time to get here (unless he were already about to come home), so I've had visions of driving myself to the hospital in active labor, birthing all alone & then hoping the doctor and nurses believe me when I say I AM married. ;) My Mom and sister think I'm crazy for not just planning to have a neighbor take me to the hospital. But would YOU feel comfortable dropping a lady in labor off at the curb!? And me delivering a baby is more than any neighbor of mine needs to see, or than I want any neighbor of mine to see, thank you very much. SOOO... I asked my Dr. about inducing me and he's scheduled me for this Thursday. YEA!! I'll be squeezing until then. :)
The kids have been asking all sorts of questions about the whole birthing thing, lately. We have a book called How My Body Works, and reading the requested page about birthing to them the other day has opened up a whole can of worms. In our favorite ice cream parlor last night, the conversation went something like this:
J: Mom, how can a baby come out your PRIVATE PART!?!!
Me: Shhh...this isn't the place to talk about this. (...and it stretches.)
J: Oh. ....But what if it came out your BUM-BUM!?
Me: It won't. (looking around to see if anyone is eavesdropping on this unfortunate conversation) ...How's your float?
J: (Belches.) REALLY good!!
So, in short, life is keeping me humble. And we'll be sure to post when the little guy comes to stay.
Saturday, August 25, 2007
Busy as Bees
Posted by alison at 10:01 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I tell you... when it rains, it pours for you guys, eh? Man how I wish I could just jump up there and help you out. Believe me I would if I could.
Alison, you are an amazing mother, you know I think that already. But your patience is, WOW amazing.
And how sad about Autumn's arm!
Okay, I think you misinterpreted my opinion. I think that I personally wouldn't care who saw what during labor, but I think you know that you would care. So while I think it was very wise of you to schedule. Not that it matters at this point!!! :)
Yay for new baby! And "aawwooh" for Autumn's arm. You guys are amazing. Let us know if you want any obnoxious sister-in-law-live-in-help and I am there. We can't wait to meet baby Gabriell! (How is it spelled?)
Marianne,
I don't have any obnoxious sisters-in-law!! (Thank goodness!) We'd love to have you guys up to visit anytime, though. Autumn could use a fresh coat of nail polish. :)
Post a Comment