Monday, October 22, 2007

Notice anything different??

...because no one around here did. :)

Before:


after:


still can't tell? let's see if this helps...

well, if you're still having a hard time noticing --

a) you must be kindred spirits with my hubby, and
b) the furry caterpillars that were formerly my eyebrows have been tamed & trimmed with the help of a feisty lady and some very hot wax!
i'm embarrassed to admit this was a first for me (unless you count the time i went at 'em with my Mom's tub of wax. That didn't turn out quite as well.) And considering that i've inherited my father's eyebrows (love you, Dad...but the eyebrows look much better on a man!); anyway, considering that fact, i ought to be more than just embarrassed that i waited 33 years to take the plunge!!

i'm happy with the outcome, especially now that the scarlet outlines around my brows have faded away.

5 comments:

Marianne & Clayton said...

You look hot! Eyebrow work is like an instant make-over, I love it. You look like you just got 14 hours of sleep. However, you have always looked great. Trust me, I notice eyebrows(bad ones) and I never noticed yours. I notice them because I am self conscious of mine. I also inherited my father's eyebrows. He gives Martin Scorsese a run for his money. As a result I've been plucking since I was 12.

Anonymous said...

Waxing is totally underrated. I am too cheap so I just pluck to maintain the waxing I last did about five years ago. Heh.

You look hot, mama.

Elmer said...

Don't be embarrassed, I've never had mine waxed either...I'm way too chicken! But I pluck, does that count? :)

I love your blog, Lal...thanks for keeping me updated!

whitty-acres said...

You look fetching, which I realize is a weird thing to hear from your brother, but what do you do? (Just be glad I did not opt for "hot" like your sister.)

monica said...

You GO Girl! I studied your pictures a couple of times and I tried to figure it out... You looked different, (in a good way) ...Maybe your bangs got a trim? Maybe you changed your mascara? Something...

Anyway, I do agree, waxing makes you feel like you've had 20 minutes with a professional make-up artist! after the pink outlines disappear, of course.

Terrific!