Saturday, January 24, 2009

Guys' Night Out



On Wednesday, the boys arrived home in a flurry of excitement. They waved blue fliers in my face, jointly announcing a school-sponsored "Guys' Night Out." Clint has been absolutely swamped lately (he's taking a 3-week online course as the final requirement for his teaching credential), but he's a soft-hearted Daddy and agreed to take his boys. The evening of movie, food & games was last night and an apparent blast was had (by the boys, at least.)

While they were away, Autumn and I dragged Clint's laptop upstairs to enjoy some snuggle time in her room watching "The Little Mermaid." Then, I came downstairs to finish making the ruffled skirt I've been working on for her (truthfully, I had no interest in her next movie selection, and she was eager for me to finish the skirt). I think she likes it. While she was trying it on in the bathroom this morning, I overheard her telling herself how pretty it was and how much she liked it... in a very dramatic, princessy little voice. It was pretty simple to make, using this tutorial, and since I've got extra fabric I might just make another one or two for her birthday.

9 comments:

LD said...

This is crazy! I have been searching for free skirt/dress patterns for Zannah today online--what a coincidence. The skirt is darling!

alison said...

Thanks, Lynsey...if you go to the lady's blog, I think she posted instructions in other sizes, too. (Scrolling through it, i came across her own magazine article she had linked.)

KT said...

I am soooo impressed! What a darling daughter and what a cute skirt. And you made BOTH!! Who knew you were so crafty?!?

Wendi said...

She looked darling on Saturday! You are a wonderful mother! Loved seeing all of you cute nieces Saturday. Hopefully you guys will be at Bear Lake this coming August.

Marianne & Clayton said...

Adorable skirt! I didn't know you made it, I thought you had found it at one of those precocious baby boutiques I keep wandering into lately. You know- the ones with chandeliers and feathers all over. Autumn is so adorable!

alison said...

awwww, shucks! kt, i think i can't really take much credit for making my daughter. He did do a pretty good job though, didn't He? ;)

Stephanie said...

I'm impressed! Way to Go, Alison!

Jill P. said...

Wow Alison! I'm "sew" impressed. Autumn's skirt is very cute. Good job!

Pat said...

How come she looks so big? Cute skirt. I also enjoyed catching up on the Christmas happenings.