Monday, June 1, 2009

The Graduate

Micah did so well in kindergarten this year! The school the boys switched over to this year takes a much more traditional approach to teaching. One of the things that means is a lot of seat work. Clint and I were apprehensive. Micah loves to play, play, play (indoors & out), so we weren't sure how he'd handle the expectations. We decided it would either be the best thing for him, or the worst. We committed to give it one year, and then switch him if it was awful. Thankfully, it was the best thing for him! I was amazed to see him sitting still, following directions, and just plain LEARNING every time I stepped into his classroom. Of course, he had lots of fun on the playground and at his specialty classes, too. And his teacher was so great about getting them up to wiggle their little bodies in between stretches of seat work. Anyhow, here are some pictures we took of him during his kindergarten graduation last Thursday. Good job, Micah!! We're really happy to see you learning and growing!


1 comments:

Unknown said...

Great job, Micah!