Our town had its annual festival recently, and among many activities was a one-mile race. J was very interested, particularly in the prize that would be awarded. After coming to terms with the fact that (as far as we knew) running the race was its own prize, he decided to run. Racers ranged in age from babies in strollers to the parents pushing them.
We decided to make a big deal of it, making up signs and cheering J as he took off, and again when he passed us. He pretended not to want the hooplah, then grinned from ear-to-ear as we made complete fools of ourselves. :)
When all was said and done, he finished fifth, in 8 minutes 5 seconds. And because I suck, this is the only picture I got of him during the race. (look behind the mailbox)
Wednesday, July 8, 2009
Run, Jonah, RUN!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
way to go Jonah!
An eight minute mile!? What a freaking rock star!
Yeah, I'm pretty sure I've never ran an 8 minute mile. That is awesome - and fifth place? Go, Jonah!!
Post a Comment