Tomorrow is Clint's birthday, which is always exciting because it marks the beginning of 4 full months where I am not older than my husband. (Happy birthday, hon!!) Today, the older boys went shopping with me. On the way back to the car, I told them I felt like I had a basketball stuffed inside my shirt. They laughed. Then I asked if that's what it looks like. They both disagreed. One charmer said my stomach is WAY bigger than a basketball; it would have to be the biggest basketball in the world to fit in my stomach. The other sweet-talker said my stomach isn't shaped like a basketball at all, as a basketball would take up MUCH LESS space.
I felt like an idiot for asking their opinion. And like a goofball for thinking my pregnant belly is even close to the size of a petite little basketball. Thanks for clearing it up though, boys!
Saturday, April 10, 2010
Where the boys see if I can fit a little humble pie into my ever-expanding waistline
Posted by alison at 4:38 PM
Labels: humbling stuff, pregnancy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Ha ha! It's a shame they probably don't know about medicine balls yet. Or maybe Hippity Hops. You should just tell them how much weirder you looked with them inside or something. You know, turning the insecurities on them. Dang, I am awesome at this mom-stuff.
PS- You do no look like you have a medicine ball, basketball or a hippity hop under your shirt. Maybe a big grapefruit.
I read this to mom as we were on our way to a shower yesterday and we both think your boys (while very cute/ funny - in a naughty way) are delusional.
You have no right looking as little as you always do at this point in pregnancy. NO RIGHT.
Grrr, I want to wash your boys mouths out with soap. Doesn't matter how funny it is, when males make a negative comment about something totally feminine, it irritates me no end.
Post a Comment