Saturday, April 21, 2007

Our Family is Odd

We had a chance to find out that things would even up around here, but they won't be because....

it's a BOY!!!

This came as no surprise to Autumn (who looked at me dumbstruck when I told her that the doctor would be able to tell us if the baby is a boy or a girl after the ultrasound, then responded, "It's a baby boy."). She'd been telling us all this for weeks now. I personally feel that she has some vague memory of this little guy. The boys were VERY excited, and have been busily thinking up names other than BOB, which I tried to kindly explain ain't happenin' in this house. (Sorry if that offended all my Bob readers out there.)

Anyhow, i know people would usually include an ultrasound picture at this point; either proving the point or demonstrating the cuteness of Baby's face. But our pictures will not be posted because they consist of a large shot of a very masculine feature (no little legs or cute bum to soften reality), and a couple profiles that somehow are missing the upper portion of a skull. Don't be alarmed; it's just how the pictures turned out. Our ultrasound tech was in a rush, and baby is practicing blocking big brothers' fists. So the shots included blurry arms moving up and down across his face, which don't make for ideal pictures.

But trust me...it's a boy. :)

4 comments:

Lee Family said...

Congrats!!!!

Eve said...

I am so excited for another BOY for your family! I can't wait to see him.

Marianne & Clayton said...

Yay! Autumn can remain the center of our universe! Congratulations! What if he has brown hair, would you still love him?

alison said...

Although I don't think it's genetically possible, of course we'd still love him!!